What is Islam and who are the followers of Islam
Islam means to submit yourself to Allah, by making your worship sincere and pure for Him alone, through obeying Him and obsolving yourself to shirk (associating partners with Allah in worship).
Islam was founded in the 7th Century and has been expanding till now. The followers of Islam are called Muslims and they surrender themselves in the service of Allah.
Islam teaches that God is merciful, all-powerful, unique and has guided mankind through prophets, revealed scriptures and natural signs. Islam was founded on the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, the last prophet sent. The roots of Islam is in Middle East.
Islam is an Abrahamic monotheistic religious group teaching that there is only one God (Allah) and that Muhammad is the messenger of God. It is the world's second-largest religion with over 1.8 billion followers.
Islam stands on Five Pillars which are;
These five pillars are obligatory acts of worship, in addition to this pillars, Muslims follow the teachings of the Quran , (Islam's most sacred book), to boost their faith.
- Ash-Shahadah - Bearing witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah
- As-Salat - Five ritual prayers must be performed every day
- Zakat - Alms-giving
- Fasting -Muslims fast during Ramadan in the ninth month of the Islamic calendar
- Making Pilgrimage (Hajj) to the Sacred House - If physically and financially possible, a Muslim must make the pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia at least once in his or her lifetime. The hajj is performed in the twelfth month of the Islamic calendar.
- Muslims cannot consume pork products, blood, carrion, and alcohol.
- A Muslim woman retains her own family name upon marriage, rather than taking the name of her husband. This symbolic act emphasizes that she remains her own person, with her own valid identity.
- Islam teaches that God is merciful, all-powerful, unique and has guided mankind through prophets, revealed scriptures and natural signs.
- Only 15% of the Islamic population is Arab.
Thank you for visiting! For more information, refer to the following links:
- Source 1
- Source 2
- Source 3
- Source 3